If you are overweight or obese, then you often find yourself regretting the diet choices you made over this summer. Our weight very much influences our life and how we feel. But body figure is not the only reason why you should get rid of those extra pound. A trimmer figure hardly gives you any benefit but rather worsens body’s overall health. Over weight is also directly linked with hypertension, diabetes and some heart issues. Here I bring the easiest and healthiest way as how to become thin in 1 week naturally.
How to become thin in 1 week naturally?
Slimming down your body demands immense motivation as well as self-control! A study shows that out of every five people only 1 actually bond to their long-term diet plan. So if you want to lose weight faster it is better to switch to a week diet plan as period is short and there is less chances of you cheating your diet.
The GM diet:
The history of General Motors diet or better known as the GM Diet, goes back to 1984 when General motor company made a diet plan with the support and knowledge of United States Department of Agriculture and Food and drug Administration to improve the overall quality of their workforce and production.
So if you ever wonder on how to become thin in 1 week naturally without starving your body from nutrition then a GM diet is your ultimate solution.
It was originally designed to hit with a 10 – 17 pounds of weight loss for each workman per week. The diet was considered as a flush as it helps the body to get rid of impurities and also helped workers in working more efficiently and faster. Whether or not the story is myth, we know the diet works.
What you eat on this diet?
The GM diet follows the rule of eating healthier and consuming fewer calories. The diet is segmented into 7 days with different food chart for each respective day. It persuades you to eat more fruits and vegetables, saying goodbye to greasy foodstuff.
- All fruits except banana
- Grape fruit and watermelon are recommended as these fruit burn fat
- Drink 8 to 12 glass of water
- Consume only vegetables
- Don’t deep fry vegetables but rather use small amount of olive oil
- Drink 8 to 12 glass of water
- Now you can consume both fruits and vegetables
- Avoid banana and potato
- Drink 8 to 12 glass of water
- 8 to 10 bananas
- 3 to 4 glass of milk
- 8 to 12 glass of water
Bingo! It’s a celebration day.
- You can have brown rice.
- 6 tomatoes
- 12 to 16 class of water
*water intake is increased by two glass to flush out extra uric acid *
- Consume brown rice.
- Non-vegetarians can consume chicken breast or fish.
- Consume any raw or cooked vegetables excluding potato.
- Drink water to keep yourself hydrated
- You can also go for strained fruit juice. (without sugar to sweeteners)
- You can eat any vegetable.
- Consume brown rice.
- Drink fruit juices as well as water.
Food you should avoid
- Junk food
- Sugary drinks
- Ice cream
- Pastries, Cookies and Cakes.
Things you should do before Starting your diet
- Drink four glass of warm water in empty stomach after waking up.
- Drinking water in empty stomach boost metabolism and will stimulate your digestive system
- Have a 10 min morning walk.
- Sleeping schedule very much influence your weight. Studies shows waking up early and going to bed at a decent hour actually helps in burning more calories.
- Never starve yourself.
- Read the benefits as well as side effects of diet thoroughly.
Sample GM Diet Plan Menu
Here is the sample of GM diet plan to get slim in one week
- Breakfast (8:00 a.m.): One medium size apple + few plums or berries
- Mid-morning snack (10:30 a.m.): 1 glass of water+½ bowl of sliced muskmelon or cantaloupe
- Lunch (12:00 p.m.): 1 bowl of watermelon
- Evening Snack (4:00 p.m.):1 large orange or sweet lemon+ 1 glass of water.
- Dinner (6:30 p.m.): 1 cup honeydew and berries + 1 glass of water
- Snack (8:30 p.m.): Few Strawberries and Brie+ 2 glasses of water
Note: Water should be consumed at least half an hour before eating.
- Breakfast (8:00 a.m.) – 1 cup of boiled potato (with some salt and pepper) + 1 glass of water
- Mid-Morning snack (10:30 a.m.): 1 carrot + 1 glass of water
- Lunch (12:30 p.m.) – bowlof salad made of 1 cucumber peeled and chopped, 1 chopped red bell peppers, 1 small jicama peeled and julienned, 2 minced green onion + 2 glasses of water
- Evening Snack (4:00 p.m.) – ½ cup of cucumber (with a pinch of salt and few drops of vinegar) + 1 glass of water
- Dinner (6:30 p.m.) – 1 cup of boiled broccoli + 1 glass of water
- Snack (8:30 p.m.) – 1 cucumber + 2 glasses of water
- Breakfast (8:00 a.m.) – 1 apple + 2 glasses of water
- Mid-Morning snack (10:30 a.m.) – 1 cup of pineapple + 2 glasses of water
- Lunch (12:30 p.m.) – 1 cup of salad (apples, apricots, avocados) + 2 glasses of water
- Evening Snack (4:00 p.m.) – 1 orange + ½ cup of cantaloupe + 1 glass of water
- Dinner (6:30 p.m.) – 1 cup of salad (Butternut squash+ Brussels Sprouts+ sauté spinach) + 2 glasses of water
- Snack (8:30 p.m.) – 1 peach + 1 glass of water
This day, you can only have banana and milk.
- Breakfast (8:00 a.m.) – 2 bananas + 1 glass of milk
- Mid-Morning snack (10:30 a.m.) – 1 banana + 1 glass of water
- Lunch (12:30 p.m.) – Milkshake (mix 2 bananas with 1 glass of milk without sugar. You can add a dash of cocoa powder instead)
- Evening Snack (4:00 p.m.) – 2 bananas
- Dinner (6:30 p.m.) – 1 banana + 1 glass of milk
- Snack (8:30 p.m.) – 1 glass of milk
- Breakfast (9:00 a.m.) – 3 raw tomatoes + 2 glasses of water
Mid-morning snack (10:30 a.m.) – 1 apricot+ 1 glass of water
- Lunch (12:30 p.m.) – ½ cup brown rice + sautéed assorted veggies (you can take carrots, mushrooms, onions, medium broccoli and bell pepper) + 2 glasses of water
- Evening Snack (4:00 p.m.) – 2 tomatoes + 1 glass of water
- Dinner (6:30 p.m.) – 1 bowl of brown rice + 1 mashed tomato + ½ cup of sautéed veggies (use olive oil and don’t overcook) + 2 glasses of water
- Breakfast (9:00 a.m.) – 1 glass cucumber or pomegranate juice + ½ cup boiled beans, peas.
- Mid-morning snack (10:30 a.m.) – 1 cup of boiled vegetables + 2 glasses of water
- Lunch (12:00 p.m.) – ½ cup brown rice + ½ cup of veggies + Tofu/fish fillet
- Snack (3:30 p.m.) – 1 small size pumpkin + 2 glasses of water
- Dinner (6:30 p.m.) – ½ cup brown rice + ½ cup veggies (add leafy green vegetables in your salad) + Chicken breast/cottage cheese + 2 glasses of water
- Breakfast (9:00 a.m.) – 1 glass of watermelon/pineapple juice
- Mid-Morning snack (10:30a.m.) – 1 cup fruit salad (strawberries, avocado and berries topped with honey, you can also add any fruit of your choice) + 2 glasses of water
- Lunch (12:00 p.m.) – ½ cup brown rice + ½ cup sautéed veggies + 2 glasses of water
- Snack (3:30 p.m.) – 1 cup watermelon juice/ bitter ground juice + 2 glasses of water
- Dinner (6:30 p.m.) – 1 cup GM Soup + 2 glasses of water
GM Diet Soup Recipe
This soup is an important part of GM diet. Each serving contains 150 calories. You can consume it in any day except first day.
- 1 cabbage (sliced)
- 6 large onions (chopped)
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Green pepper
- 1 bunch of celery
- 22 Oz of water/ half a liter
- Chop the onions and pepper. Put them in a pan and slightly sauté them with virgin olive oil until they turn might brown.
- Now add tomatoes, celery and cabbage along with water.
- Add salt for taste.
- Cover the pan lid and cook the soup on medium heat for about 45 min.
- If the vegetables are not boiled completely wait for 10 more min.
- Add dried herbs or spices and pepper for seasoning. Your delicious soup is ready!
Is GM diet really worth to practice?
Although GM diet not backed by evidence by it do promise wonderful upshot.
You consume less calories: Every weight loss plan is a game of calories. As this diet is less in calories, your body will shift to a negative energy balance, forcing body to burn body fat to get the desire energy.
Boost your metabolism: All foods in the GM diet are believed to boost your metabolism and help maintain a healthy weight.
Your complexion will clear up: Fruit and vegetables contain powerful antioxidants that help to protect skin from any cellular damage which in turns brighten your skin.
Healthy food: The plan promotes eating more fruits and vegetables and less or no intake of junk foods. Fruits and vegetables contains important vitamin, plant chemicals and minerals. A diet high in fruits and vegies can help protect you against cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Your wallet will be thicker: According to a report by Health Affairs food freaks spent 42% more money on their health and medical bills than those who clock in at a healthy weight.
You will feel lighter: As the diet plan is lighter and healthy you feel a drastic change in your general mood. Eating more triggers endorphin release in your brain. Endorphin is a hormone released by brain which reduce your perception of pain. Thus eating less release feel-good hormone in your brain.
Risk and side effect:
No research to support it: The biggest drawback of GM diet is that it is not backed by any scientific study.
You may gain weight afterwards: As the result of this diet is pretty quick it does not promise long-term weight loss. So when you return to your normal routine body one may gain the same weight back.
Absence of some imp nutrients: Even though diet is rich in fruit and vegetables it missed some imp nutrients like vitamin B12, calcium, and iron.
Tiredness And Fatigue: A sudden change in your diet plan may trigger your mood swings and leave you feeling tired.
Muscle loss: Due to inadequate protein intake this diet can actually be a reason of muscle loss. Which leads to physical weakness.
Remember! Your health should be your first concern. Weight loss progression depends very much on your metabolism, health and other factors. GM diet is not the ultimate answer of “How to become thin in 1 week naturally”. It may work for some and may not for others. One should change his/her life style in order to become thin rather than looking for a quick solution. Moreover, always talk to a doctor or dietitian before going for such diet.