Let’s face facts! When it comes to spending time with kids, moms take all the leads. But what about dads? Owning time with the toddler is the finest feeling a parent can ever have. Dads should also devote more time to their babies to intensify father-baby bonding. So next time when you’re going to some grocery shopping or a walk, why not take your baby with you. In a hustle-bustle area, car seats are not such a good idea. Baby carriers on the other hand are mellow and easy-going.
Top 10 Best Baby Carriers for Dads
Although most baby-wearing for mom and dad are alike. But some have a bigger, wider, and more sturdy structure. Perfect for dads! Here I put together the best baby carriers for dads where designers kept “dads” in their minds.
1. Infantino Cuddle Up Ergonomic Hoodie Baby Carrier
ProsThis ergonomic carrier supports your baby’s hips in a perfect ‘M’ position, giving a feeling of comfort, warmth, and relaxation. It can carry a baby and toddler from 12 to 40 lbs. (5.4-18.1 KGs). The design comes with modifiable straps that help the carrier form to all different body types and sizes, with the adaptable shoulder straps and a wide waist belt that transfers weight to wearer’s hips equally. To protect your baby’s shoulders and neck it has naturally rounded back and knee-to-knee support and also a detachable cap that acts as a sunscreen. The adorable carrier has two ways to carry: Backpack and Front that keeps baby in full sight and well covered.
- removable teddy bear hood (provides nap-time comfort and protects from the sun)
- Pockets for Parent’s hands and secure support
- Affordablenext time when you’re going to some grocery shopping or a walk, why not take your baby with you. In a hustle-bustle area car seats are not such a good idea. Baby carriers on the other hand are mellow and easy-going.
- Easy to put on
- Adjustable shoulder straps and wide waist belt for easy and comfortable carrying
- No secure pockets to sort baby’s accessories
- One can put it on his/her own but need assistance when using the back position.
- Could cause the baby to sweat if you use it for a very long time in the hot areas
2. Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier, Grey
Now I must let you in on a secret, this is one of my most favorites. The ideal carrier comes with the convertible seat making it perfect for infancy as well as through toddler years. The problem I’ve found in some baby carriers is the absence of padded head support. Uniquely, this carrier uses the narrow seat position and padded head support to comfortably hold small infants. Not in the mood to change baby carriers from time to time? Well, here is the real kicker! It allows you to switch to the wide position thus continue to provide an ergonomic seat while your child grows.
- 4 ways to carry: facing-in (narrow seat for an infant) facing-in (wide seat), facing-out and backpack
- Carries children from 8-32 lbs. / 3.6-14.5 kgs
- Adjustable and padded head support
- Extra-padded shoulder straps
- Supportive waist belt transfers weight equally to wearers hips for a comfortable ride
- Machine washable
- Includes Wonder Cover bib to protect your clothing and carrier.
- Not portable
- Supporting strips are somehow tight, in case your baby is healthy or chubby.
3. BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Free, 3D Mesh, Anthracite
Looking for longer Babywearing sessions? There you go… An apology, but most parents complain about how baby carriers are comfy for their kids but meanwhile terrible for themselves to wear. The reason is obvious as most baby carriers don’t transfer the baby’s weight equally to the wearer’s body, so ones end up getting severe back or shoulder pain. What makes this one so special is its capability of supporting your back outstandingly, without a ton of extra bulk. The padded shoulder straps help in distributing weight evenly and squarely. The soft and airy 3D design gives you and your baby comfort and allows air to pass through the carrier. The great head support is imperative until your child can hold up their head unassisted. Infant Carrier Free has a sturdy, flexible head and neck support.
- Both facing-in and facing-out carrying option
- works for infant and babies weighing up to 26.5 pounds.
- Soft and airy design
- Secure, adjustable head and neck support
- Stable fabric ensuring the passage of air flow in carrier
- Doesn’t traps heat
- Comes in varying color options
- Minimal setting makes it easy to put on and take off without any assistance.
- Handy design makes it easy to lift out your sleeping baby
- You might think it’s hard to put on (I recommend to read instruction or watch a video when using for the first time)
4. Mission Critical (S.01) Action Baby Carrier
This baby carrier is all an all for dads. So bear with me, because I’m going to tell you why I specifically suggest this one. Firstly, the brand designed the tactical-style from the ground up specifically for dads.
Secondly, the lightweight fabric and breathable air mesh lining insulate the cool and breezy effect. Thirdly, the MOLLE webbing highlight on the back of the Baby Carrier allows the connection of Mission Critical Carrier Daypack to help uniformly convey the infant’s weight front to back, give lower back help to your infant, assuage pressure on your shoulders, and energize experience time with your little ones, an extraordinary present for new fathers! And that’s not all, the fabric is made using top-notch 1000D nylon, an overly strong, lightweight, and of indestructible texture.
- Built-In sun shade
- Easily washable
- Work for babies weighing 8-35 lbs.
- Easy to wash
- Stress-free to put on and take off
- Safe and Secure
- Holds your child cozy and offers back help, while diminishing your lower back pain and weight on shoulders.
- Mesh Ventilation to keep wearer’ body cool
- To swap the carrier between dad and mom, one has to take the baby out first.
5. TBG – Men’s Tactical Baby Carrier for Infants and Toddlers
OK! Looking for something having military-like efficiency and protection? Then you’re on the right spot. I read a lot of reviews on this baby carrier, and Honestly! I am surprised as how on earth can EVERYONE approves of the same product. If you’re a dad on the mission (with your child, obviously) then this carrier is your ultimate necessity.
It’s MOLLE webbing allows you to attach any kind of accessories as well as carabineers and compatible pouches. The product is produced using ultra-tough, 600-denier material with a ‘hook and loop’ front board that you can modify with patches (sold independently), and different equipment. Likewise, it got a removable cotton machine washable liner that makes post-blowout cleanup a breeze in addition to hardcore UTX locks that disentangle easily.
- Removable cotton-cushioned washable soft liner
- far-and-away easier to put on
- Comfortable, adjustable and padded straps
- No need to use hands for support
- Baby can face in or out (depending on the growth stage)
- No sun-screen
- Not suitable for dads over 6’4 or 300 lbs.
6. Comfortable Fit With Ergonomic Positioning: Boppy Comfyfit Baby Carrier
‘My bride is lovely and gracious, but I’m discovering that she has a terrible temper.’ this phrase clearly fits on the situation when you’re choosing a baby carrier. Although most baby carriers assure the secure structure but they often lack soft baby wrap. Conversely, carriers that have soft and comfy fabric absences the security and baby protection in the case of any miss convenience. So? What should one settle for? Here we go. . . This carrier is a perfect mix between a safe structure as well as a comfy soft baby wrap. I like how the design is simple yet aesthetic. The carrier’s fabric is made of soft spandex material with a padded waist belt and comfortable wide shoulder straps.
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Two carrying position: Facing-in and facing-out
- Zippered pocket for carrying handy accessories
- Click, strap, tie and go. Yes! It is that easy to wear.
- Comfortable fit with ergonomic positioning
- Fit for children upto 85 lbs.
- less prone to extreme stretching.
- Not recommended for toddlers
- No backpack carrying position
7. MiaMily Hipster Plus 3D Child & Baby Carrier with 9-Supportive Carry Positions
This carrier follows the rules of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute by the way of its supporting system. It supports your baby’s hips in a perfect ‘M’ position, with knees even at the hip level and not just hanging or dangling. The integrated seat helps you to carry your little one significantly longer, more comfortably, and effortlessly in 6 different positions.
The built-in storage pockets allow you to store yours as well as baby’s accessories. Also, its lumbar support protects the wearer from getting shoulder and back pain and distributes weight evenly between the wearer’s hips and shoulders. Just read the buyers’ reviews on the internet about this carrier and you’ll know, why this one is worth purchasing.
- 6 carrying option: facing in, forward facing, back carry and with using single shoulder carrier top, one can carry your baby on hips as well. (facing in or forward facing)
- Breathable mesh
- Extra storage (bigger pocket) with phone pocket
- Dual layer option for extra cool or warmth
- long straps and intricate, designed for easy on/off
- Machine washable
- Supports child up to 44 pounds
- 3-way lock buckle for extra security
- free of chemical flame retardants.
- Can’t fit into small bags
8. Baby Tula Coast Explore Mesh Baby Carrier
Thanks to its large mesh panel, this carrier breathes ideally. Offering all features you and your little one needs. With maximum versatility and multiple carrying options, it is adjustable for both newborns and toddlers. The material is 100% cotton making it soft and lightweight. To promote hip and spine development this carrier assures ergonomic position. It can also adjust in three width settings, so you don’t have to purchase a new one when the child grows. The icing on the cake!! no? Cushioned shoulder straps give ideal neck and shoulder relief and offer speedy alterations for various wearers. A wide cushioned belt helps uniformly distributing the weight. The padded yet flexible neck pillow gives head and neck support to infants and resting children.
- 6 carrying position including facing out, facing in, and back carry
- Detachable hoop for sleeping and sun protection
- Large mesh panel for superb ventilation
- Easy to use
- Exceptional quality
- Newborn may not open their legs wide enough until they’re 6-week old
9. Baby K’tan Organic Baby Wrap Carrier, Infant and Child Sling
Oh Goodness, the simplicity! When I say this carrier is the no-wrap wrap, believe me. With no rings, belts, buckles, or any excess fabric, you can just slip the sling over your head like a t-shirt. The exclusive design offers the wearer a certified 100% organic cotton, distributing the baby’s weight evenly like a structured carrier. It’s loop design and one-side stretch makes sure that the baby is secure in place, providing the versatility you need while snuggling your little one close. The seated position is Approved by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute, assuring hip health.
- 5 carrying positions (wrap grows with your child)
- Carries newborn up to 35 lbs.
- Simple and quick to wear
- Soft and comfy
- Available in varying design and size
- Hand free parenting
- organic cotton free of harmful chemicals, formaldehydes and azo dyes
- Not for toddlers
10. Lillebaby The Complete Airflow 360° Ergonomic Six-Position Baby & Child Carrier
Yes! Last but not in any sense the least. With a curved C-spine position and adjustable seat, this carrier comes with 6 carrying positions. The carrier is the top to bottom adjustable and can fit in any body type (good news for tall and big fathers) Its adjustable back panel grows with your child, providing amazing support for the baby’s neck and head. With comfortable and exceptional design, it has dual adjustments and allows switching H/X style. The durable 3D mesh fabric that allows for maximum ventilation and temperature control for all-weather wearing.
- Adjust to growth
- 6 carrying position: Fetal position, infant inward, Ergonomic outward, hip, toddler inward, back
- Lumbar support
- Comfortable cotton fabric
- Big Pockets
- Hood for sun protecting and nursing
- Mesh fabric, Perfect for any weather
- Dozens of style and fabric
- May takes a bit of time on the first use figuring out how to adjust and wear. (prefer reading guidelines)
- Not portable
Keep this in mind! When choosing a baby carrier never go for pretty colors and cute design only. Make no mistake about it, your baby’s comfort, and yours should be the first priority. Indeed, with so many options it’s hard to choose the right one. That’s precisely why I put together the best ones concerning your comfort¸verstality, closeness, and independence in balance. All of these are top-rated by parents, showing complete satisfaction. Hope so you found the one you were looking for.